Sunday, December 18, 2011

"The only one who likes change is a wet baby." Mark Twain

Embrace change. "A minor adjustment can make a major improvement." -Joel Osteen Be willing to change - change is good, it may not be easy but it is good! - Me :) Finally my life is coming together because I am no longer blinded by hurt, fear and disappointment. I was so caught up in what people have done to me and not focused on what people have done for me. There have been so many instances in my life recently that have forced me to change. No matter how hard I fight it, things that used to work in the past are no longer working. Career - It's on the way. I stopped waiting on others to get their lives in order in order for me to write. The change happened last month when I had no choice but to write my pilot with an extremely tight deadline with no help. I didn't have the luxury of time or another person to bounce ideas off of. That seventeen hour blessing gave me the motivation and the courage to do it on my own. Now I ask God to place the right people on my path to help. Job - Being laid off devastated me. I blamed everyone but myself. I allowed hurt and anger control my life for over five years. As each year passed, things got worse and I couldn't understand why. I thought the way I worked in the past would make things work today. I thought the people I knew were the people I know. Meaning, those in my life then served a purpose at that time. I cannot expect those same people to serve the same purpose. In fact, those same people may hinder my success because of how I used to be and not seeing me how I am now. I have changed and I absolutely LOVE IT. Love - Letting go of what I thought was best for me instead of allowing anyone into my heart, I let no one close to my heart. A month ago I had an awakening. I went on with my day to day and it wasn't until someone pointed it out to me that a guy might be interested. I was doing the same old thing and ignoring what was right in front of me because it wasn't wrapped in the package I was expecting. In my mind I thought of several reasons why HE couldn't be the one for me. I used those excuses and sadly pushed him far away. My eyes are open now and I no longer look at the wrapping but seek out the contents of the package. Friends - Many people are only in our lives for a season. Once that season is over, it's over. Stop expecting things to be the same as when you first met because our lives are not the same and neither are our needs. Many of my former friends will tell you that I am great at letting go and rarely look back. I'm expecting change....today! I am letting go of the old and accepting the new. I recognize when the seasons change. Allow change to happen...today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peloton Changed My Life During COVID-19

My Bike was delivered on 2/1/20. It was the best decision I've made all year and the best investment in me! I've always wanted one b...