Saturday, December 31, 2011

The End of the Year and What Have I Learned?

What have I learned in 2011?

God

There is a God. There is something bigger than me and it has a unique plan for me. I must be patient and continue to have faith in myself and from time to time in others! :)

March 23, 2011

My step mother Mary died. I miss her so much. I miss our talks and how she would always have the perfect things to say to make me feel better. It's hard to imagine the ones you love have to leave eventually, even though I know everyone dies, somehow you keep believing that loved ones go on forever. Actually they do in our memory. She lived for over 90 years, a few months shy of 91. I think back at all she has seen and accomplished in her lifetime; then look at my life and think, I have a very long way to go!

August 20, 2011

My dog Russell died. He was my heart and I love him dearly to this day until the end of time. Max and Russell came into my life March 22, 1996. Same litter, both reached 90 pounds each. I always had my hands full with them. Russell was the quiet one, the logical one. He was always by my side and Max was on the other. I have tripped over them many times and broken my toe three times trying to avoid stepping on them. Max and I are doing our best to go on without Russell but he will remain in our hearts forever. Max has stopped looking for Russell but I can tell when he's missing him. He will sleep on Russell's side of the bed on the floor.

Friendships

Having same experiences does not a best friend make. In fact, all friendships are unique and should be seen as such, not placing one friendship above another. Each friend contributes something in your life and it's a little silly to name one person the best friend when all friends are apart of your life. There are no best friends, just good ones.

Temping

I know I complain about it but am very grateful to have it. I have met a few good people through the many temp jobs throughout the year. This is why I have so many facebook friends! I will know when the right position comes along, IF it comes along. Until then, I will keep on temping, most importantly keep on writing.


Writing

There are no set amount of rejections before acceptance. You either keep going or you give up. It is not in my DNA to give up. With every rejection I learn something new and I improve or at the very least have a better outlook. Recently my spec script for House was read, and the reader actually enjoyed it. Not only did she get the meaning of the title but she figured out the blood bible reference!

What have I learned? Most of all Patience and Love. I took routine for granted instead of cherishing every routine moment as a single experience, I took for granted that the routine would last forever. Nothing lasts forever.


Happy New Year my THREE readers!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peloton Changed My Life During COVID-19

My Bike was delivered on 2/1/20. It was the best decision I've made all year and the best investment in me! I've always wanted one b...