Sunday, December 4, 2011

And the Blessings keep on coming!

It has been a very blessed week. What started out as an "oh no" ended up as a "Thank You God" week. I thanked God for allowing me to be able to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner when I broke a tooth the following Monday. Since my life has taken this turn, I automatically find the good (or the lesson) in everything that happens. It's no secret that I have been caught in the economic down slide. I have learned many things and gained a greater appreciation for everything. I am a different person and by all accounts a better person. Everyday I continue to learn and appreciate everything in my life. So after my tooth broke (which as it turns out, a filling came out). I went to my dentist. They know I have no insurance but because I am upfront and offered to make payments (I'm that way with all creditors and it is truly the best way to be instead of ignoring them), my dentist assessed what had happened to my tooth, told me what to do about it, gave me treatment and didn't charge me a dime! In August, the Monday after Russell died, I had a minor accident in my car. I took it to a body shop and the estimate came back at $500. I told myself that I have a goal and hope to get it fixed by the end of the year. Since then, I have been very involved in my new temp job. In the back of my mind I hoped that I would be able to get it fixed but I knew that it would take a miracle since this temp assignment pays less than my other assignments. I'm grateful to have the work, especially since I've been told by the agency that there is nothing out there! So thankful for working! Anyway, without going into any details...I make a phone call for a friend who happens to work on cars. My call had nothing to do with anything just giving a reference. The next day that friend called me and said, "I saw you driving the other day and noticed the dent in your car, let me fix it." I told him that things are super tight but I could make payments. He said, "This is my gift for you for the phone call you made for me." Needless to say I was shocked beyond belief! The following day he came to my job picked up my car and fixed it! So many blessings happen for me everyday. And everyday I am grateful and thank God. Lesson from this post...be grateful always, no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peloton Changed My Life During COVID-19

My Bike was delivered on 2/1/20. It was the best decision I've made all year and the best investment in me! I've always wanted one b...