Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Why some and Not others

I had a conversation with a former bill collector last night. He had kept my number and we communicated off and on then I didn't hear from him anymore. This guy was awesome. Anyone past due experiences the dreaded bill collector. For the most part they are unfeeling creatures who secretly hate you because you were able to get what they couldn't and now they delight in taking it all away from you!

I'm blessed because I befriended most of my collectors and moved my way out of debt...sort of. Anyway, this guy who was in a similar situation as mine ended up losing his home and then a month later his job. He has been out of work for over a year. To add to his drama, he was diagnosed with severe carpel tunnel and can no longer type! All bill collectors need to be able to type! Luckily he was able to get disability. I told him there are other plans for you!

He was so proud to hear that I am doing better and that he prayed for me! Why him and not me? Through my struggles I have come to understand that things happen for a reason. I went through all that I did to emerge a better person. I look back at the person I used to be and I am ashamed. I told my friend that this is happening to him for a reason and to embrace and learn from it so that you can grow and emerge to be the person God intended you to be. After losing his home, he was able to get into something cheaper and better.

Today, I want everyone to know that prayer works and do not lose the faith. Being down doesn't mean you're out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peloton Changed My Life During COVID-19

My Bike was delivered on 2/1/20. It was the best decision I've made all year and the best investment in me! I've always wanted one b...