Friday, June 17, 2011

I learned something...

about myself yesterday. Ready? My ego is way too big! Six months ago I reconnected with an old acquaintance from years past. We hit it off and quickly jumped into best friendship. Yesterday I got my ass handed to me when she told me something about myself that I didn't see. I was trying to make her the person I thought she should be!! I was forcing her to be what I thought a best friend should be. Talk about hitting you like a ton of bricks.

Although I'm happy that it happened, I'm hurt because I was the one who behaved so badly. I apologized to her and made the decision that it's best to not have a friendship with her at all. Don't get me wrong, I still want a best friend, I am just not ready to be one. As far as the best friendship at warp speed, take your time and get to thoroughly know the person first, make sure you have something in common. Don't make assumptions and teach yourself listening skills.

I learned a huge lesson yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peloton Changed My Life During COVID-19

My Bike was delivered on 2/1/20. It was the best decision I've made all year and the best investment in me! I've always wanted one b...