Tuesday, August 10, 2010

People I know

I love Facebook. It allows me to keep in touch with people I haven't seen in twenty years! I get to see updates on when they get married, have parties, have babies, etc. Here's the funny thing, of all my FB buddies, very few (none) actually invite me to celebrate their good times. Sure I get invites to fundraisers and for pay events, but never anything personal. So I thought to myself, should I continue to call them "friends" or shall I rename them as "people I know?" Of my over four hundred "friends" I can count on ONE hand those who truly know me, care about me and invite me to share in their lives. Whew, I feel better now that the pressure's off of me to be a "friend." To my FIVE friends, look for a wedding invite, a pool party invite, a baby shower announcement, and a simple phone call just to see how you're doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peloton Changed My Life During COVID-19

My Bike was delivered on 2/1/20. It was the best decision I've made all year and the best investment in me! I've always wanted one b...