Sunday, August 8, 2010

One Minute Sermon





Can you say Amen and Amen? Joel Osteen was once again inspirational on this day! I wrote on my pilot for four hours. I then spent some time on facebook and a friend posted this.

Wow! I decided to post it here and on my facebook page with the words transcribed!

To be a survivor in this amazing race
with a need for speed you need God’s grace.

And if you’re desperate like housewives
watching days of our lives,
you can’t cope without hope
and that’s not on a soap.

If you’re lookin to Oprah or Dr. Phil
you can shop nonstop or pop a pill.
But the void won’t fill and the pain won’t kill
till you love the one that hung on the hill.

Kicking back in your lazy boy easy chair
watching who want’s to be a millionaire.

Na, you’re not gonna find it there.

No American idol or counsel tribal
has a final answer that’l satisfy ya.

CSI ain’t got a clue,
SVU don’t know what to do.
Not the ER or OC,
nothin on a CD, TV, DVD or MP3
can save you and me.

CNN’s got no good news,
here’s a headline, you must choose.

It’s not a simple life Paris Hilton,
it’s treadin on thin ice, living in sin.

You can be an apprentice for Donald Trump
or eat Fear Factor fast food from a dump.
You can be a heavy hitter or Wheel of Fortune winner,
a Fox News news spin spinner
or a flat out sinner.

But you better check this life that your livin
and make sure your sins are forgiven.

I bet ya 50 cent Elvis done came and went.
And eventually, every Black Eyed Pea, Gwen Staffani, P-Diddy and Brittany;
every wanta be on MTV with they icy bling;
every Dixie chick that sings.

They all gonna see the King of Kings.

I don’t care if you’re J-Lo, Leno, or Bano.
One thing you gotta know,
some day you gonna die bro,
then where you gonna go?

Hey I’m not talkin some punk junk that’s irrelevant
like you’re grandma’s church from way back when,
it’s not some preacher feature on TBN
that ya need to be liken or listenin.

The real super star is Jesus Christ.
He’s the way
He’s truth
and the life.

One day He’s gonna split the sky,
He’s the brightest light
and the highest high.

So what I came to say
and what I’m tellin ya,
is don’t buy that stupid stuff
they be sellin ya.

It’s all designed to fill you head
and waist your space,
until you’re dead.

Here’s the bottom line of my rhyme;
Give your life to God while there’s still time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peloton Changed My Life During COVID-19

My Bike was delivered on 2/1/20. It was the best decision I've made all year and the best investment in me! I've always wanted one b...